Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Braun Bombed

The King is Dead. Long live the King.

Well, I can hardly believe my eyes. The Chronicle is reporting that it is finally official. The rumors are that Ben is going to Toledo, and that we are going to pay part of his salary, or something like that. Whatever it is, the finality of the Braun era is here. And I can hardly wait.

This is not like the Holmoe thing, where it was a done deal, where even he knew he had to quit. This could have gone either way, and he knew it was happening on Monday Night. You could just tell looking at him and at the team. I wonder if the team knew then, or if they just could sense it. Either way, they played like crap. But I think that was the wake. The murder happened when only 1900 folks showed up to see the Bears play in the NIT opener.

In any event, I do not believe that there is a coach already lined up. I do not believe that Randy Bennett, for example, is ready to be announced tomorrow. But we shall see. I hope that Sandy takes the time to let Pittsburg finish it tournament run, and see if she can coax him out west.

The one thing I do not want to see happen is for Mike Montgomery to come to the Bears. He had teams that played hard, and he had teams that did well. But any re-tread is going to be bitter and disappointed, and we can not have that with this team. We need someone to lead them, not beat them. Plus, he is too insufferable as a Stanfurd dude.

Anyway, the fun begins...

GO BEARS!!

No comments: