Friday, October 19, 2007

Off to Southern California

I am off in the morning to Southern California for a day of Golf, and a weekend of Victory. At least, I think I am. I have to say that after last week, I was pretty calm, cool and collected after the game. In fact, I was almost happy. I was happy because although we lost, I was glad that we lost to a team that was not going to kill us in the conference standings, that we would be able to move forward and still get to the National Championship game, and certainly the Rose Bowl if we perform the way that we should. And also happy that Kevin Riley looked good (except for The Obvious). I generally am an optimist. So, in all, I was happy that it was not as bad as it could have been, and that the train can still run down the track.

This week is different. Let me be clear - if we lose this week, I am not sure if I will be able to live anymore. We have to beat these guys no matter what. They are kind of a joke in a way with their erratic play and their soap opera coaching issues. This will be a pretty messy weekend in SoCal if the Bears lose - I envision long, dreary, drunken depression - just like after the 2004 and 2005 and 2006 games down there. While I know UCLA can be a good team - this is part of the Bears putting them behind us for good. We need to do that and move on with our lives. The divorce is final.

I will try to get some posting done while on the road.

GO BEARS!!

No comments: